Open GL issues with VW2015 SP1

just encountered this strange behauvior when using the flyover tool with open gl.

appears with different models, different geometry.

use the flyower tool while in open-gl and zoom in and out while turning with the flyover tool.

the model starts to flicker between the original display position and the interactive movement.

i took a screenrecord and a movie with the iphone, where you can see it a bit more (ghosted image). in the uncompressed movie it´s visible 100%. i think due to the compression the effect is a bit surpessed.

screenrecording

iphone recording

jim, i also have some other strange things concerning screen redraw.

these are all not 100% replicable.

i.e. today when i was in a sheet layer and pressed command-4 (view fit to page) i didn´t get a redraw. all was white and the zoom doesn´t show the boundaries of the defined pagesize (looked at the rulers)

sometimes when editing 3d symbols i can activate some elements as they are shown in the info palette, but i can´t see them highlighted...

changed the settings for "use enhanced navigation graphics" and "anti-aliasing" but that doesn´t change anything.

that is with sp1 and the prior release.

Edited by bjoerka
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I have regularly seen OpenGL issues with multiple displays and multiple graphics cards. Some users were able to resolve it by forcing their Macs to ONLY use the dedicated card:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1216/Multiple+Graphics+Cards+-+%28Mac+OS+X+Only%29

However across multiple monitors I have seen problems when the secondary monitor is high res, greater than 1080p (Retinas, 4Ks, etc) that I have not yet been able to find a solution for.

Edited by JimW