Display issues on MBP Retina VW2015

Has anyone encountered such display issues with 2015?

This happens under the following circumstances.

In the office i have connected a full hd display while working with the macbook pro. The lid is closed so that this display is the only working.

When disconnecting the display and opening the lid, the drawing windows in vw2015 are scrambled like the screenshots show.

As you can see in the movie, the drawings are only displayd in a part of the window.

Only closing and restarting vw solves this.

Replicable!

cheers. bjoern

scramble01.png

scramble02.png

scramble03.png

scramble04.mp4

Edited by bjoerka
  • 2 weeks later...

I am also experiencing the same problem. It repeats when switching to a different layer and while viewing complex models in wire frame or with OpenGL rendering. Hitting zero on the keypad and returning to a 2D view removes the display error. Along with this specific problem, I am experience general graphics issues while using VW, such as slow OpenGL rendering and VW crashing while executing an OpenGL rendering.

VectorWorks 2013 Fundamentals running in OSX 10.9.5 on a new 2013 MacBook Pro Retina 15” with NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M GPU and with an external monitor + keyboad.

I appreciate any help that can be provided from the community and VW staff.

Thank you.

Edited by ckWTB
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Both of you, please send me the following at tech@Vectorworks.net from those machines:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/627/DirectX+Diagnostics+and+System+Profiler

Along with any VWX file you were able to see the issue in (unless its any file). I will find a retina Macbook Pro, hook it to an external display and test it here.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

So far I have yet to replicate this on similar Retina Macbook Pros. I will look and see if there is other hardware I can test on.

In the meantime, have you ever seen it behave that way in any other graphics intensive application? Those artifacts (the square craziness on the screen) look more like hardware failure, generally graphics failures in Vectorworks will be restricted to the drawing area or they will just blank solid white or black, not affect the rest of the screen in that manner.

If you run the OpenGL portion of the CineBench utility, does it work properly or does something similar appear?

http://www.maxon.net/products/cinebench/overview.html