Callout Tool-Notes Manager Dialog Box

brian-rwc

Question

I wish Nemetschek would change the default settings for the Callout Tool in the Notes Manager Dialog Box so that when you press 'Enter' it is the same as selecting 'Ok' instead if canceling out of the dialog box.

I believe 'Enter' is more typically used to confirm selections rather than to cancel out of an operations. Vectorworks current defaults for this operation seem backwards and non-intuitive. I have wasted much time re-entering text I erroneously deleted. I know others in our office have had the same problem.

At the very least if the defaults can't be changed it would be a big improvement if a "Are you sure you don't want to save your callout note?" warning can be added to give people a second chance to select 'OK' and save their notes when they are otherwise just selecting 'Enter' by habit.

I am guessing that would save a lot of people from having to laboriously re-enter callout text in these situations.

(Otherwise if we already have the option to change the defaults ourselves could you please let me know?)

Thank you.

1 answer to this question

If I'm understanding right....

While in the Notes Manager, down towards the center click on "Prefs..." In there click on the options you want. Its basically a bunch of options when it saves your work in Notes Manager. I turn all the options cause I've screwed my self before with it not saving stuff.

Mike