Deform Tool and Multiple Objects

Kevin McAllister

Question

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

While on the subject, do you feel that when multiple non-connected/touching objects are extruded, they should become one extrude, or multiple separate extrudes?

I have often had trouble with objects created from multiple separate objects being extruded together.

Hi Jim,

Regarding this, I have been pushing the bounds on this. I have been experimenting with a 3D symbols of a facade containing about 60,000 3D polygons.

A couple of comments;

1. The deform tool converts the 3D polygons to class of the symbol, not the classes contained with the symbol or the object. For my multi class facade, I had to split it up class by class, deforming each individually.

2. Large facades are slow. Any way to have this tool support multi-processors?

3. Is there a way to have an options dialogue to select the option stated above, or use contained classes, etc?

Thanks.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

1) I will submit a request for this shortly.

2) As far as I understand this is already going to happen, but I do not know when. The large chunk of the work was moving everything to 64bit, modernizing everything else will apparently be easier now.

3) Combining into the request for #1