Sheet Index with revision dates?

Hey. I have a worksheet question.

When I revise a sheet, I select the sheet border and use the OIP to enter the revision number and date with a brief description. This info displays on my title block because I included rNo, rDate, and rNote in my title block symbol. I don't have to use the "Use revision block" option in the OIP, if that matters. Works great.

I created a Sheet Index on my cover sheet that lists sheet number, name and date, pulling the data from my sheet borders. Good start, but I need to add revision dates to this worksheet. Is this possible?

Thanks, Jonathan.

If this calls up sheet numbers from HFA-TBLK:

=('HFA-TBLK'.'S_SheetNo_SN')

then how do I get :rDate from the sheet border?

And if there are multiple revisions on a sheet, which date would I get?

Not sure it matters, but I embedded text items for :rNo, :rDate and :rNote in my title block symbol, rather than using the 'Use Revision Block' option.

OK, I figured out a workaround. I added a column to my Sheet Index with the heading "Latest Rev No" and used this formula:

=('Drawing Border - Universal'.'__lastissue')

What I discovered is that 'Drawing Border - Universal' is the name of my Sheet Border object. This must be a hard-wired name generated by VW. '__lastissue' is the field that gives me the most recent issue number. There is no corresponding field for revision numbers, so I might have to use the issue number tool instead.

Here is what the worksheet looks like: [img:left]https://www.dropbox.com/s/ca6uq3ssyx33f68/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-08%20at%203.07.41%20PM.png?dl=0[/img]

I get @ signs for sheets that have not been revised. I don't want to get phone calls asking what the @ sign means so I changed the formula to an IF statement that returns either a space instead:

=IF((('Drawing Border - Universal'.'__lastissue')='@'), ' ', 'Drawing Border - Universal'.'__lastissue')

Here is what that looks like: [img:left]https://www.dropbox.com/s/3owi9p6cy2xgnqp/Screen%20Shot%202014-10-08%20at%203.18.57%20PM.png?dl=0[/img]

Seems to be working. Hope this helps someone.

• 1 year later...

Im trying to add the last revision letter, revision date & issue dates to a worksheet schedule similar to the info you've been discussing, Ive found the following info on a Dutch VW forum which may be of use to others -

DATABASE = ((R IN ['Drawing Border - Universal']))

and then the cells:

Revision information:

= ('Revision Date'. "Date-1)

= ('Revision Date'. 'Zone 1')

= ('Revision Date'. "Approved-1)

= ('Revision Date'. 'Description-1)

comments:

= ('Issue Date'. 'Number-one')

= ('Issue Date'. "Date-1)

= ('Issue Date'. "Note-1)

= ('Issue Date'. "Approved-1)

Note that those " 1 "Here always represents the line of the revision or comment.

Can anyone help me work out what the formula needs to be to get the LAST revision & revision date to work in a drawing issue worksheet? - as this only gives you the first rev or second if you change it to "2" etc..

Im trying to add the last revision letter, revision date & issue dates to a worksheet schedule similar to the info you've been discussing, Ive found the following info on a Dutch VW forum which may be of use to others -

DATABASE = ((R IN ['Drawing Border - Universal']))

and then the cells:

Revision information:

= ('Revision Date'. "Date-1)

= ('Revision Date'. 'Zone 1')

= ('Revision Date'. "Approved-1)

= ('Revision Date'. 'Description-1)

comments:

= ('Issue Date'. 'Number-one')

= ('Issue Date'. "Date-1)

= ('Issue Date'. "Note-1)

= ('Issue Date'. "Approved-1)

Note that those " 1 "Here always represents the line of the revision or comment.

Can anyone help me work out what the formula needs to be to get the LAST revision & revision date to work in a drawing issue worksheet? - as this only gives you the first rev or second if you change it to "2" etc..

Sadly for you, there is nowhere a field saved that holds the index of the last added revision.

There is a solution for you but you would need to use a script to find the last used index by traversing the list until you find an empty one...