DTM

compusam

Has anyone had success with DTM? I have tried with VW 8.0, VW 8.5.2, VWA 9.01... and I have yet to produce a complete file.

I have tried eliminating contours to isolate problems and I have had limited success, but I have yet to create a complete DTM of any site. Most recently, I have detected one topo line which seems to be stopping the DTM from being created, but I cannot determine why this one line is causing a problem.

I am using a G4 Mac with 386mb RAM OS 9.1.

As a reply to my own post, I have exported my topography file (no DTM, just the polygons) to 8.52. For some reason, the DTM function worked this time whereas it would not work before. This same file will not work in VWA 9.01.

When I open the VW 8.52 file in VWA 9.0.1, there is an automatic translation process to convert the file to the new version, and it works.

In other words, as many have posted, VWA 9.0.1 has some problems. Personally, I am working in both versions. When something does not work in 9.0.1, I try it in 8.52. This is a pain in the a__, but what ever. Meanwhile I have spent over $500 in (non) billable time to isolate this problem.

[This message has been edited by compusam (edited 09-22-2001).]

Can you email a copy of the data you are using to me at Tech@nemetschek.net? I can take a look at it and see where the DTM is failing and if need be sent if off to Frank in the event I can't get it to run.

Matthew Giampapa

Technical Supoort

quote:

Originally posted by compusam:

As a reply to my own post, I have exported my topography file (no DTM, just the polygons) to 8.52. For some reason, the DTM function worked this time whereas it would not work before. This same file will not work in VWA 9.01.

When I open the VW 8.52 file in VWA 9.0.1, there is an automatic translation process to convert the file to the new version, and it works.

In other words, as many have posted, VWA 9.0.1 has some problems. Personally, I am working in both versions. When something does not work in 9.0.1, I try it in 8.52. This is a pain in the a__, but what ever. Meanwhile I have spent over $500 in (non) billable time to isolate this problem.

[This message has been edited by compusam (edited 09-22-2001).]