Exporting to pdf

I have just upgraded to VW 2014, and I suppose will upgrade to 2015 soon.

In the meantime, I have just tried to export a single sheet to pdf format, and it all looks a bit different to how it did before - and I can't find the option to export in black and white, which is what I want to do.

I'm sure that it is all very simple, so is there someone who can save me hours trying to find that option and tell me where it has gone?

thanks,

Sharon

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You can set the whole document to B/W Only before exporting under File > Document Settings > Document Preferences.

You're using File > Export > Export PDF or File > Publish, correct? (File > Print > Print/Save PDF is built into your OS and can't really be controlled accurately by Vectorworks.)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
When I print a PDF made from 2015 to my Epson 1280 all of the text is garbled. When I print to my HP printer it is fine. I am on OsX 10.9

THanks

When you use File > Print > Print to PDF or when you use File > Export > Export PDF? Or both?

What occurs when you print directly?

I'm having the same problem . . .

Anything exported to pdf will have certain fonts garbled when printed from Acrobat.

Printed directly from VW is okay.

PRINTED to pdf from VW (as opposed to Export to pdf)is okay (except pdf file size is much larger).

PDF that is garbled printed from Acrobat is okay when printed from Preview.

Some kind of problem between Export to PDF in VW and printing the result pdf from Acrobat.

This only happens in VW 2015 (I just tried 2014 and it worked fine.)

OSX 10.9.5 imac 14,3 - 2.9 GHz Core i5, 16GB

Thanks for the replies,

The Publish command was what I was looking for - different from how it used to be in VW2011.

I am discovering a few things are different, but a lot of the changes are good... little things like rectangles changing into polygons if you edit a corner - so simple but very useful.

Sharon

• 1 year later...