Tools should work properly when editing inside extrudes and other objects

Kevin McAllister

Question

Today I discovered that the Select Similar tool doesn't work when editing inside an extrude. I wish tools in general didn't behave differently when editing inside objects of any type.

I often need to draw guide lines and use loci when editing things. I like to use the Select Similar tool to select and delete them during my normal workflow. Unfortunately Select Similar doesn't seem to select anything when you're editing within an extrude.

Kevin

4 answers to this question

Hi Jim,

To clarify, I find commands like eg intersect surfaces, compose, polygon tool inner boundary mode often do not work when inside groups, especially if those groups are inside symbols, annotations etc.

I am not sure what it is about groups that does this, but has been common for as long as I can remember. Thanks.

Some more feedback on this.

I have been working in a symbol (in Symbol plane), and the visibility of objects has been very flakey. Often if I am inside a group within a symbol, I cannot see the linework. Sometimes it helps by switching to Top/Plan view, but most often I have to go out of the group (or Text along Path path object), and back in.

On the upside, Select Similar appears to be working fine for me.

Hope that helps.