Sign in to follow this  
Tom Klaber

Tracking Problems

I love the tracking option for text, but it does not do such a great job. It seems to have trouble with 'i's. Take a look at the attachment to see what I mean.

Thanks!

To clarify, moving the I left and right does not move the expected amount? Or does it not move at all when you adjust it for that character?

This issue appears still a problem, any eta on a fix? Makes the feature unusable.

No ETA's unfortunately. Due to the variable nature of SP release schedules I can't provide any solid dates for fixes.

Has it already been reported/requested for the tracking feature to not add spaces between the underlines of letters? See the attached photo... nobody wants that.

It looks like its effectively the same problem as the earlier post, the 'I' is getting a much smaller "bounding box" both for its kerning as well as the underline, which looking at online examples is often not/never appropriate for graphic art.

Adding this to the case.

The underline version looks terrible. It looks like this feature should have been saved until it was ready for prime time.

No one seems to have noticed it until now unfortunately, which is more of a problem with beta test rigor than the feature itself. I'll mention this to management.

No one seems to have noticed it until now unfortunately, which is more of a problem with beta test rigor than the feature itself. I'll mention this to management.

Thanks Jim. Its like you read my mind....

This is an argument for a more open beta process. I would imagine most beta users will only thoroughly test out features that fit their workflow.

Cheers,

Kevin