Apple Trackpad compliance

Greetings,

I have now jumped aboard VW2015, and have really been enjoying it. The biggest thing that I had hoped for, but doesn't seem to exist, is an option to enable Apple complaint trackpad behavior. Apples guidelines state that panning should be accomplished by holding two fingers and dragging, and zooming should be accomplished by pinching.

Anyone who has used the Mac version of Autocad, since v2013, will appreciate how much this improves drawing navigation. For anyone who is a mac user, and confused about what I am speaking about, I am talking about the trackpad use in programs like preview, or any of the iWork (or whatever they are calling it now) products.

If there is a third party plugin, or new setting in 2015 which makes this possible, I would love to hear about it. Thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It wasn't rushed since many Mac users do not use a trackpad, and there wouldn't be a direct benefit for Windows users, since the hardware for Windows trackpads varies so greatly. So the "it benefits everyone" features were pushed higher in the pile.

The multitouch features are coming, however, I do not know of a set date.

• 5 years later...

Hi, I'm a new VW user on a 2018 MacBook Pro (primarily using trackpad). I'm finding it much more difficult to navigate without the Apple compliant gestures. It's a shame that this thread is six years old now and VW still hasn't updated with the feature. Other, less intuitive programs such as Rhino are much easier to navigate with a track pad.

• 2 years later...