documents units setting reverts to default

Using VW 2015 Landmark, selecting a document unit for square feet of 1 sf instead of the default .001 sf, the setting reverts to back to ,001 sf.

I use the 1 sf setting when using the landscape area tool to display the area of a landscape area in the callout. The setting of 1 sf for area does not remain but the default reverts to .001 every time.

Is there a file setup issue and the area setting be set before a new file is saved ??

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I am not able to replicate this here.

In a new blank file, if you go into Units and set the Area units to Sq Ft, precision of 1 (making sure to click OK and not Cancel or Esc to close the window), then draw out first a rectangle, does that rectangle show its area in sq ft rounded to 1 or .001?

If you then convert that rectangle into a Landscape Area, does it show its area in 1 or .001?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Correction: I was able to replicate this here, it seems placing new plant areas with the tool directly will reset the rounding precision for the whole document, as will editing the Landscape Area manually after placement. Submitting as an issue now.

• 2 months later...