CURVED LED SCREENS

Reedmac

I just upgraded to 2015 and I am building an LED wall that has a wave to it, I have made 6 2'x2' sections and rotated them to create the screen. Is there anyway to combine the sections and have them display one image? Right now it is putting the image on every tile and not combining. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I managed to create something sort of interesting in VW2015. I created an array of squares in front view and extruded them together to form a single extrude. I added a single image texture and adjusted the mapping so it was correct. Then I used the new Deform Tool in bend solid mode in plan view to create a curved wall. The texture mapping looks like its lost at this point. Then while the object is still selected I switched the texture mapping to cylinder. It was getting close to something useable. At that point as I started trying to adjust the rotation of the cylinder to fix the image alignment with the attribute mapping tool I managed to crash VW2015....

I'm sure you could get a better result with some playing.

Kevin

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=11297&filename=Screen%20Shot%202014-10-08%20at%207.29.33%20AM.png

Ok. Here's the trick.... you need to change the mapping to cylinder before you release the selection created by the Deform tool. Once you release the selection you'll find each tile is an individual object. Once the mapping was changed to cylinder I found I could select all of the tiles again and create a solid addition without losing the texture mapping. Then I could shift the image around the curve by adjusting the offset H in the Render tab of the OIP. KM

Edited by Kevin McAllister