Bridge line tool

RickR

• 1 year later...

Jim,

This is classic example of the frustrations long time users see. This is such a minor tool and minor problem (it used to work well) that it should have been dealt with long ago. But no, a year and a half later it's still here. It's making us all do extra work on a regular basis, and reminding us of all the other old issues. And being tempted by other programs.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

MarissaF took a closer look and it seems like you can disable this preference if you do so BEFORE placing the object, but that once placed you are not able to change it. But... this still seems broken to me, we will be pursuing a new submission for the case.

• Marionette Maven

Currently, in 2016 (all service packs, to my knowledge) if you change the preferences BEFORE inserting your bridge line object, and check the "Set Cover Weight Manually" checkbox, when you draw your bridge line object, there will be an option in the OIP to set the weight.

I did throw it back to the engineers to have that setting persist regardless of the settings when the bridge was drawn, hoping it will always be included in the OIP. But at least for now, there is evidence that it has been (partially) implemented.

I have tried this and thought it may be scale of drawing but the white section stayed the same.

See how it is in your computer with this file.

I set one cover to 3000 and as you zoomed in it covered more and when printed you lost a lot but in the design layer iot all looked fine when zoomed out.

So I think Marissa has the answer, check your width setting,

HTH

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Marissa is sounds as if you are chasing a different issue. I ask; why is there a white arc at all?

Automatic control of the arc and cover line width is great, but switching to individual manual should be available anytime. A white cover line is why we have the tool. But there is no need to draw a white arc only to draw a black one on top of it!

• 4 years later...