Hidden Line Issue

minotto

I'm trying to use the new feature in 2015 where a hatch can be viewed in 3d.

I want the image to be primarily black line on white but with certain image props or other forms showing in color.

Background rendering is Custom Renderworks with both Texture and Color enabled in order to see the image props.

Foreground rendering is Hidden Line in order to see the hatches where applied.

RW is White Background.

Since color has to be enabled globally, in order to show the forms that i want to display hatch without color, i created a 2nd texture where the color is white and applied the hatch.

But the problem i'm having is with Hidden Line. From the attached image you can see that the image props don't hide the lines in the background. Of course without any Foreground rendering they do.

Without having to photoshop the image, does anyone have an idea how i can correct this?

Edited by minotto
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Perhaps duplicate the viewport in place, then in the front viewport show only the classes of the props you want to have obscuring the hidden line rendering that shows only the classes of the non-prop objects underneath?

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are going for.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Well the front viewport could be rendered in regular Final Quality, while the rear viewport could be rendered in Hidden Line.

Or do you mean you want the image props to appear as line drawings as well? Viewports can have their own separate render settings, so one can be set to use color while another is not via two different customized render styles.