Animations. What happened?

Ok this one has really got me stumped.

I tried to do an animation along path (Not orbit, for some reason it doesn't have the same problem..) and the time is greyed out and set at 5 seconds.

I have dozens of views that will not fit into 5 seconds.

I have zoomed in as far as I can on the edit screen but there is no way I can fit them in.

How do I set the length of the video to more than 5 seconds?

I know that I can make the video longer by adjusting the time scale but it doesn't help me get all the views in.

It worked before, am I missing something...?

Matt

Sorry to dig this up again but I am still having problems.

Everything works as you describe it above BUT

For some reason my animation along path file loses all the saved views after the first 12 (I have about 40).

It does not shorten the animation along path (I have set it to 40 seconds, roughly 1 for each view) it just kicks out the saved views above 12 so that the final animation is static after 12 seconds.

Is there some order of inputting the settings that erases some that you have already entered?

Any ideas?

Matt

• 4 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It looks like they were not able to correct it in time for SP1. It went on less than a month before the SP was released, unfortunately this is often too short-notice for all reported issues to get fixed.

However, it looks like a fix is already being tested and should be included in a patch. I do not know when, though.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

VW2015 SP2 - I just tried to create a 70 second move along path animation with 70 saved views and still have this same problem you are discussing. This was never a problem in the past and is one of my most important presentation tools. Is there a workaround till this gets fixed? besides making a series of 5 second animations.

• 5 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It should be very shortly, I am not sure why it wasn't already in an SP for 2015, but its already working as expected and allowing more than 12 views in the 2016 beta. If it isnt already planned on being corrected in 2015's last SP, I will try to push for it.