Vectorworks 2015 Glitch

I'm wondering if anyone else is having a similar experience with Vectorworks 2015.

I took a 2014 file into 2015 and started drawing in it. After switching to a 3d view, the geometry in the drawing appears and disappears as pictured in the video below. switching between wireframe, open gl, or final quality renderworks does not appear to eliminate the problem.

Very strange.

I'm hoping someone else is experiencing this so we can compare notes!

[video:youtube]

VW 2014 SP4, VW 2015 Spotlight, Renderworks

Mac OS X 10.8.5

Late 2012 Macbook Pro Core i7 2.3GHz

NVidia GeForce GT 650M 512MB

16 GB RAM

I see this too.

It seems that having a bitmap image turned-on is causing mine.

In this case I have an aerial photo on a separate design layer.

When in 3D Open GL the rendering makes certain objects disappear and re-appear as I rotate and walk thru.

Turn off the aerial photo DL, and back to normal.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

All of you please email this:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/627/DirectX+Diagnostics+and+System+Profiler

from your machines to tech@vectorworks.net, ATTN me.

I haven't seen this ever in testing but I see it clearly in the video. If you could, please include any one of the files you have seen this in as well.

All of you please email this:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/627/DirectX+Diagnostics+and+System+Profiler

from your machines to tech@vectorworks.net, ATTN me.

I haven't seen this ever in testing but I see it clearly in the video. If you could, please include any one of the files you have seen this in as well.

I saw this on occasion in 2014. Its not isolated to 2015.

I was never able to pin down the cause but it was never consistent. It typically went away with a restart if I recall. I likely ran into it a half a dozen times over the past year but it was never something I couldn't make go away with some basic trouble shooting.

Joe

I've seen this a lot in VW2014. Usually when editing in groups or symbols and always involving OpenGL. Its entirely like what happens in C4D when the camera is set incorrectly.

Jim, I've sent you a problem file exhibiting this in the past. I was told it was because the file contained objects brought forward from various older versions of VW. When you cut and paste the objects in question into a clean file the problem went away.

Kevin

I concur with Kevin. Saw a few problems in 2014 looked like clip cube was on (but wasnt) and was severing parts of 3d model. Infrequent issue. Had an issue today with 2015 on 1 license only with disappearing 3d (but not line wireframe etc) but having updated drivers for Quadro all ok now!

Although only on Fundementals really appreciating the upgrade/graphics.

D

Absolutely, Mac drivers are locked to the OS version but any Windows users experiencing issues should manually update their graphics drivers regularly, once every 3 months or so (I do it weekly but I am a nerd.)

Steps for doing so can be found here:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/476/Updating+Graphics+Drivers

Windows Update does a poor job of keeping them current.