text class

HJ,

You should post this question in the VectorScript section of the message board. You may find an answer there much faster.

OR -- You can use Custom Tool/Attribute menu under the Organize menu to set up a script for the Text tool. In it, assign the attributes and the class you want to put the text in (create the class first). When you want to put in some text, simply click on the script to activate it, then click in the drawing to draw away. The text objects will be created using the assinged attributes and class settings specified above.

Nice find.

I didn't know it was a problem.

I am going to go ahead and bug list this as it is still that way in VW 10.0.1.

31016 is the Bug Number

[ 01-09-2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Katie,

I'm afraid that the Text tool is one of the few tools that is not available when using the Custom Tool/Attribute... command.

This doesn't mean you can't use the Custom Tool/Attribute to set the active class for the next text object or its font/attributes. It means it won't call the Text Tool.

I wonder if this is related with a VesctorScript trouble I had using CallTool()/SetTool() with the text tool... and I can't remember if I filled a bug report already.

[ 01-09-2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Alexandre B A Villares ]