User boundary?

etweed

What happened to the Set User Boundary in v8? Does the Border function do the same?

I have many survey points following a road that curves and I need to avoid triangulating accross the voids. I tried setting a border in and using it as a "user boundary but then got the error message: Could not find NNA_DTM_Hidden_Record." I had gotten this message earlier and posted it here before but have not gotten it worked out.

I ran a DTM on a copy of the file that didn't have the border set in it and it gave me the contours, but they were triangulated all over the file.

Eric Tweed

g4 w/

~300Mb given to VW9

Guest Frank Brault

Hi Eric,

The user boundary, as implemented in VectorWorks 8, is still available in the latest version of Landmark; It is accessed a little differently, however.

To create a proposed site model using only the data within a defined border:

1. Activate the layer containing the data.

2. Draw a 2D polygon to represent the DTM area. Only data within this polygon is used to create the DTM.

3. Select the polygon and assign it to the DTM-user-boundary class.

4. Update the site model by selecting Site Model from the Sitework menu.

hth,

Frank Brault

Nemetschek N.A.

Frank,

I am unable to get an email to you. I sent the file and it came back saying it was undeliverable. I next sent a small test email to there to see if it may have been a problem w/ the attached file but it came back as well.

The postmaster says there is not a "Nemetshek.net" server. So I thought I must have spelled it wrong. But I looked back in the out box and it was spelled correctly. (actually I used the cut and paste from the posting above) It seems odd that anything would change a spelling along the line but that seems to be what your mailserver is seeing.

Anyway, it seems I am unable to get an email to you. I will go talk to our IT guy and see if he has any half rational explanation.

Eric Tweed

quote:

Originally posted by etweed:

The postmaster says there is not a "Nemetshek.net" server. So I thought I must have spelled it wrong.

You might check that spelling once again -- it's spelled incorrectly in the quote above. There's a 'c' between the 's' and the 'h':

nemetschek.net

Hope that helps.

I noticed the missing "C" and wondered if that was what I had missed the first time, but after I looked at the address that was copied from the earlier post and what was actually sent (in my outbox) I noticed that the "C" was there and everything should have gone through Okay.

I don't have an explanation.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Eric

Guest Frank Brault

Hi Eric,

Without specific file information, it is difficult to offer any more suggestions. If you like, why don't you send the file to techsupport@nemetschek.net? Be sure to put Attn: Frank Brault in the subject, along with any particulars about what you want it to look like when you're done. I'll have a look at it.

------------------

Frank Brault

Nemetschek N.A.