Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

2014 Language Guide

PeterT

Where is the VS Language Guide for 2014? There does not seem to be one on the web page or in the 2014 Vectorworks folder help files.

The 2013 version seems to be showing examples with deprecated functions for dialog box handling.

I was hoping to find examples with currently used handler routines.

Thanks, but I am not looking for the Function Reference, I am looking for the Language Guide.

The "Annotated Function Reference" Link on the website takes you to the Developer Site, but the Language Guide at the Developer Site has the same date on it as the one in the 2013 App folder, except it has the chapters on User Interface (Custom Dialogs), Plug-ins, Development tools etc. deleted from it.

I guess that information has now been put on the Developer Site instead.

For my level of dialog script writing Dialog Builder 6 is way more complex than Dialog Builder 4 or 5 ever was. I successfully built many dialogs with DB4, I hardly know where to start with DB6. The DB6 "Tips and Tricks" Documentation helps, but It falls short for me as I am not an expert, and I find it a bit confusing.

I am just trying to update a dialog script I wrote years ago, since all the handler routines I used are now deprecated.

I guess I need to spend some time at the VW Developer site.

Updating your dialog script should be straight forwards. Essentially, the new calls have you specify a dialog ID, which allows you to cleanly run dialogs within dialogs. Replacement is fairly 1 to 1, though occasionally the call will switch from a function to a procedure.

Most of the individual calls on the developer site have examples for that call. Also in the reference, many of the old functions will point you to the new version.

HTH,

Josh