VW 2015 Vectorworks Package Manager not downloading

Installing 2015 on all computers.

I managed to get the first computer up and running without any issues.

On the next two, however, I can download the basic program but not the subscription libraries.

The VW 2015 Vectorworks Package Manager just says "Queued".

Are the servers overloaded?

Either way can you give me an idea when they will start working again?

All systems are Macs on OS10.9.4 with at least 16 GB of RAM.

Matt

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I managed to get the first computer up and running without any issues.

On the next two, however, I can download the basic program but not the subscription libraries.

Are the servers overloaded?

Either way can you give me an idea when they will start working again?

All systems are Macs on OS10.9.4 with at least 16 GB of RAM.

Matt

I am seeing this sporadic behavior when users press the "Install All" button, is that what occurred? If you restart those machines entirely then just pick one of the smaller libraries on its own, does it download or get stuck queued?

Guest Jim Kelly

The servers wouldn't be overloaded, but likely it's not handling a temporary communications hiccup okay. We're still trying to get to the bottom of what the issue is, but if you feel you can reproduce the issue I'd be very grateful to see what Console.app, filtered for "Vectorworks Package Manager" has to say.

Another additional question. I'm sorry Matt

Does it possible to install packages separately from package manager?

I save downloaded packages from temp directory.

I see that drag'n'drop to VW and install features were gone

There is no sign of responding...maybe, some how

Edited by Ilay
Another additional question. I'm sorry Matt

Does it possible to install packages separately from package manager?

I save downloaded packages from temp directory.

I see that drag'n'drop to VW and install features were gone

There is no sign of responding...maybe, some how

Not at the moment, no, the manager is required.

the subscription libraries.

Matt

I am seeing this sporadic behavior when users press the "Install All" button, is that what occurred? If you restart those machines entirely then just pick one of the smaller libraries on its own, does it download or get stuck queued?

The "Install All" button got me a similar fail as Matt.

For three libraries listed, the first one showed some activity

that never went anywhere. It never really started the d/l.

The other two libraries showed "Queued".

I force quit the manager, rebooted and d/l'd them one by one and it worked fine that way. jadp.

I am having the same issue. I have tried downloading each of the 4 libraries (Fundamental Libraries, Gobo Texture Libraries, Spotlight Object Libraries, & Renderworks Libraries) individually and as a group. Each time The download window just sits there and nothing is downloaded. I am running OS X on a Mac Mini Server and a MacBook Pro. I viewed the command.app and it says:

Vector works Package Manager: Download failed! Error - The operation couldn't be completed. (NSURELErrorDomain error -3001.) http://packagescf.nemetschek.net/2015.NNA/eng/FundamentalsLibraries-2015-236350.vpkg

The Package manager counties to sit there like it is downloading, but nothing ever happens.

Please help. I'd like to start using the new software, but it is pointless for me without all the libraries.

Vector works Package Manager: Download failed! Error - The operation couldn't be completed. (NSURELErrorDomain error -3001.) http://packagescf.nemetschek.net/2015.NNA/eng/FundamentalsLibraries-2015-236350.vpkg

The same thing occurs for you after restarting the Mac entirely and then trying to download one of the smaller libraries without clicking the larger one first? I have had some users need to try this multiple times to get it to start downloading. (They're tracking the issue now, we were able to reproduce it in-house and pull the console log from it.)

If you are still experiencing this issue and have not yet gotten an alternate resolution, a corrected version of the Vectorworks Package Manager can now be found here:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1275/Vectorworks+2015+Package+Manage+-+%22Install+All%22+doesn%27t+start

Edited by JimW
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...