Vectorworks 2015

No control over thickness in this release, for that you would want to render in a Renderworks mode with the new Artistic Edges control, which lets you include an artistic mode within a regular rendering mode which gives you a much nicer presentation.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get results with artistic edges over a regular rendering like what is shown in the 2015 Features video.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Create a new Renderworks Style or duplicate an existing one.

There is a new Edges option you can use to set an Artistic Edge Style which will now be used whenever this new Renderworks Style is applied.

It similar but different to the existing Background/Foreground controls available for Sheet Layer Viewports.

If you choose a viewport and set the foreground render to artistic edge that should do it. Set background to whatever shading method you prefer.

Maybe its a Mac version thing but I don't have the Artistic Edges option in the Foreground Render dropdown. Just None, Wireframe, Sketch, Hidden Line and Dashed Hidden Line. The method bcd described in the post after yours did work though.

Thanks

Create a new Renderworks Style or duplicate an existing one.

There is a new Edges option you can use to set an Artistic Edge Style which will now be used whenever this new Renderworks Style is applied.

It similar but different to the existing Background/Foreground controls available for Sheet Layer Viewports.

Thanks bcd. That worked for me. I do most of my rendering in a different package but I might use Renderworks a little more often now for this look.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I've had something in the request line like this for awhile, there are plans in place to make the migration version-to-version easier. This wasn't such a big deal before 2008 when we released every few years but for a yearly release schedule it becomes really painful really fast to have to rebuild so much every September.

Jim, I'm having issues with vector script Modern Dialogs that work fine in 2014, but they are ?not working? in 2015.

The dialog seems collapsed in 2015.

I am wondering if it has something do to with the swap to cocoa. I'm running OS X Mavericks.

screenshots below:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0u0g3m6e4tpij75/AADsXpB8e4sFLPhazlCDvVtma?dl=0

Apologies, I have almost no experience with Vectorscript. I have had other users report similar problems, at least they seem similar to my layman's eyes:

https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=202805&Searchpage=1&Main=40802&Words=script&Search=true#Post202805

As Jim said, best place for support is on the Vectorscript forum.

Quick answer is that calls were marked as obsolete as of v2010 are no longer functional in v2015. If you look at developer.vectorworks.net in the Vectorworks 2010 Deprecated Functions you will see a list of the deprecated functions and the replacements.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone using or liking the new Curtain Wall tool? Specifically the direct-editing that lets you manually move its components around?

I wanted to see if it was well-liked and if users thought that sort of editing would be welcome in other types of objects.

I have used the Curtain Wall Tool. I was very impressed!! It was very intuitive and I did not hit a bug or a snag that limited its usefulness (think DTM or Stair Tool). I hope it is, as you suggest, the way of the future for object creating tools such as the Stair Tool. That would be welcome indeed!

Edited by J Lucas