Vectorworks 2014 dxf/dwg export failure

Mik

Question

Hi,

Just trying to perform a simple .dwg export and though it worked a few weeks ago, now it just sits there.

The export page comes up but when you click the "Ok" button (which behaves like it knows the mouse is clicking on it) but nothing happens. Zip.

I have opened/closed Vectorworks as well as a reboot.

Of course this problem was timed to coincide with the need to export to an engineer for a meeting. (Tongue planted firmly in cheek.)

Anyone else seen this?

Is there a fix/workaround?

I am on SP4 and the check updates function says I am current.

5 answers to this question

Sorry, I see now that you have to be looking at a sheet layer in order to perform an export - not a design layer.

(Note to Nemetschek: when someone tries what I did, have it pop up an error msg indicating you must be in a sheet layer view in order to do an export rather than just have the window sit there and fail to respond.)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

As far as I understand, from a Design Layer view the "intended" functionality is still that it should be exporting to an equivalent of "Model Space" rather than "Paper Space."

However, agreed, I hate that. It should be made far more obvious that the view you are in affects the resulting exported file.

It certainly shouldn't be doing nothing though. If you have time, please send that file in as an example and we can have a look.

for my part i can export a dwg of a floor plan from (many) design layers, but i can't export a section dwg from a section viewport (a sheet layer).

all i get are some floor plans that are part of the section. no section dwg at all.

is it a trouble of the same sort?

rob

Edited by gester