How do I remove constraints on walls?

Alora

I changed a styled wall from 4" to 6" wide wall and now I can't join the corners. I receive a message telling me "This editing operation cannot be performed because of constraints on one or more objects." When I try to edit constraints I receive another message telling me "This object does not have any parameter constraints." What do I try next?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Normally you can completely un-join the walls (Just backing their lengths off of eachother manually) and then re-join them by reshaping them with their reshape handles, rather than using the Join Walls tool.

If that does not work, does drawing new walls with that same wall style in another test document or elsewhere in that file let you join the walls?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Hi Jim,

I tried joining the walls with and without the Join Wall Tool, and received the same message. I also tried a sample, changing an unstyled wall to a styled wall and received the same message.

Any other suggestions?

Alora

If you create new walls elsewhere in the document, then try to join those, do they fail as well? If you use the same wall style in a new blank document, does the same problem occur there?