Different sheet sizes and scales for plans

Vectorhead

Hello,

I was curious as to what is the best practice to create two different final plan sizes from one drawing? I have never had to provide two different sizes of the same file for review. I need to print/plot for review two sets at a normal size (Arch D) but also need to provide a smaller copy of the plans at 8.5 x 11 or 14.

I can't just scale down the larger pdf and have the correct scale showing on the smaller size prints viewports?

Do I just duplicate the different sheet layers and adjust the page size and viewports for the new "smaller" size?

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I had thought about scaling the pdf 50% as you have stated, but the review checklist states "to scale" for both large and small, so I'm not sure a "Scale Disclaimer" would work.

Plot Plan - 3 scaled copies are included with metes and bounds

a. 2 large-format sets to scale with current and proposed structures shown with clear and legible dimensions

b. 1 small-format to scale with current and proposed structures shown with clear and legible dimensions (8 ? x 11, 8 ? x 14, or 11 x 17)

Floor Plans ? 3 scaled copies are included with applicable technical data

a. 2 large-format sets to scale with clear and legible room labels and dimensions

b. 1 small-format to scale with clear and legible room labels and dimensions (8 ? x 11, 8 ? x 14, or 11 x 17)

So what type solution can I use to create the smaller set scaled correctly. Create a copy of the .vwx file change the page size and adjust the viewports which would adjust the scale and dimensions?

Edited by ddix
Guest Wes Gardner

I think I'd still be tempted to do what the others have suggested but, for the small sets, get into the annotation space(s) and just paste a "fake" drawing name over the "smart" one with the "correct" scale for the smaller set(s)