Sign in to follow this  
PVA - Jim

Vectorworks 2015 , 64bit and other technical questions

Importing an skp file with a single chair. Instead of creating a single symbol it creates several symbols which then means you can't place the symbol as it is a number of pieces. Is it possible to control this?

Thanks

Importing an skp file with a single chair. Instead of creating a single symbol it creates several symbols which then means you can't place the symbol as it is a number of pieces. Is it possible to control this?

Thanks

Only from Sketchup directly. If you import the chair, select all of it then create your own symbol, you can place it as one unit.

I am not sure what controls this in Sketchup, some files import as one symbol or one mesh object, some come in as multiple symbols, it depends how it was created from what I understand.

Ok got it. It is actually quite smart. A component in Su = a symbol in VW. I would say this was 100% correct. Just made up some examples to see how it works and well done to the programming team. It is actually better than I expected because you can bring in the model as a mesh and because it is a mesh you can use auto hybrid. In 2014 you had to convert the model to a mesh before using auto hybrid but the issue was that it would lose its material mapping. In 2015 you have a lot more control and you can easily use auto hybrid and it keeps all of its mapping.

Very good indeed

Just lost an entire file because we opened it in 2015. Unable to save back to 2014 or 2013. We are now stuck in 2015.

Just lost an entire file because we opened it in 2015. Unable to save back to 2014 or 2013. We are now stuck in 2015.

Not sure why? When you open a 2014 file it tells you that it has to convert it to 2015. Then when saving it prompts you for a new name with the suffix 2015 after it. In order to overwrite the file you have to manually name it exactly the same as your 2014 file.

Not sure why? When you open a 2014 file it tells you that it has to convert it to 2015. Then when saving it prompts you for a new name with the suffix 2015 after it. In order to overwrite the file you have to manually name it exactly the same as your 2014 file.

Was going to ask the same question, what specifically happened? I want to catch everything as early as possible.

I've encountered this problem and it was a file naming issue. File names need to be alphanumeric only with the suffix of .vwx

Make sure your file names don't include any characters other than numbers and letters. Spaces should be okay but anything else might be a problem. Especially bad are multiple full stops and forward and backward slashes.

Hi,

I've just updated to VWA 2015 and am having problems with 'rotating-colour-wheel' lags. You'll see my spec below. I've turned off Automatic Graphics Switching.

Any ideas? I'm not using it on complex drawings but it lags perhaps every minute, for about 3 secs!

Thanks

Duncan

Just to say I installed 2015 yesterday evening. Worked on it this morning with a previous 2014 file.

Sad to say I'm getting constant crashes, with very little drafting done. It seems to be to do with displaying the resource browser, when ever I unpin the drop down to display content. Its pretty consistently crashing.

I tried a few other files, it does not do it in all of them and its fine on a new file; however, it is not limited to only one file, and seems to crash on about half of the files tried so far. I'm guessing that something in the drawing, a symbol/hatch whatever is crashing it when the resource browser tries to display it?

When I can get it to display, the resource browser display is all over the place for hatches? (its on thumbnail mode)

I can't switch to 2015 or get colleges to switch until this is resolved. Sorry, back to 2014 for now.

Definitely something to do with the resource browser, and displaying content. I'm using 2 screens. But can't see it being related to this? Any one else experiencing stability issues with old files? (also a 2014 workspace with the new content added and re saved)

Definitely something to do with the resource browser, and displaying content. I'm using 2 screens. But can't see it being related to this? Any one else experiencing stability issues with old files? (also a 2014 workspace with the new content added and re saved)

If you disconnect one of the screens, reboot the machine and relaunch 2015, do you get the same crashing when working with one of the files you saw it on before?

In any case, get in touch with support directly, they will need both one of the crashing files as well as the following: http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/627/DirectX+Diagnostics+and+System+Profiler

When mirroring a video screen object, the resulting mirrored projector is spun around 180?.

Confirmed here too, submitting as an issue now.

Grossartig !

VW 2015 Awesome work !

My first issue,

I can't switch back from full screen mode under OS X 10.7.5

(I am the one who uses spaces on OS X)

Grossartig !

VW 2015 Awesome work !

My first issue,

I can't switch back from full screen mode under OS X 10.7.5

(I am the one who uses spaces on OS X)

If you move your cursor to the top of the screen, the menu bar should pop back down, there should be a blue icon at the top right to disable fullscreen mode. Does that button not appear, or when you click that, fullscreen does not disable?

Hi,

I've just updated to VWA 2015 and am having problems with 'rotating-colour-wheel' lags. You'll see my spec below. I've turned off Automatic Graphics Switching.

Any ideas? I'm not using it on complex drawings but it lags perhaps every minute, for about 3 secs!

Thanks

Duncan

Even when not performing any actions, this delay pops up randomly? Or does it delay after a specific action?

That blue button appears but it doesn't change anymore when I click on it.

Same for the Window>Full Screen, I can toggle but no changes.

I managed to come back some how by activating (the other) Space with the

File, instead of the Space with the palettes, from the Spaces overview.

But now I can't resize the view Window and palettes.

Strange.

But if that happens on old 10.7.5 only and current OS X works fine,

I wouldn't invest much time in it.

I will find a 10.7 machine and test just to be sure, I could not replicate this on 10.9.

I posted on a different 2015 forum about this but just wondering if anyone else was having a problem with unregistered clicks. It seems like about one out of three clicks don't compute for me. Super frustrating and makes it almost impossible to use. My mouse driver is up to date, but I know it could be a lot of other issues. Anyone know of anything to try to fix it? Thanks.

I posted on a different 2015 forum about this but just wondering if anyone else was having a problem with unregistered clicks. It seems like about one out of three clicks don't compute for me. Super frustrating and makes it almost impossible to use. My mouse driver is up to date, but I know it could be a lot of other issues. Anyone know of anything to try to fix it? Thanks.

Could you please post the details of your hardware and OS, or add them to your signature in a similar manner to mine?

Having the issues in any file or one in particular? Are you able to intentionally repeat the problem or does it seem random?

Hi,

Thanks

Duncan

Even when not performing any actions, this delay pops up randomly? Or does it delay after a specific action?

Jim, it seems that the lag is when I am carrying out actions but these can be as small as clicking on an object. I've just tested it and it took about 15 clicks on a series of objects before a 2 second lag (with spinning disc).

Edited by DuncanG

Jim, it seems that the lag is when I am carrying out actions but these can be as small as clicking on an object.

Does it occur with no files open other than a new blank file, if you add a few rectangles and start rearranging them? Is the issue reduced with simpler files, or exactly the same as complex files?

Jim, it seems that the lag is when I am carrying out actions but these can be as small as clicking on an object.

Does it occur with no files open other than a new blank file, if you add a few rectangles and start rearranging them? Is the issue reduced with simpler files, or exactly the same as complex files?

I've just opened a blank file, with no other files open, and drew 28 rectangles before I got the lag.

After the lagginess appears, does it stay constant? Or just get worse as the complexity of the file increases?