Vectorworks 2015 , 64bit and other technical questions

I've encountered this problem and it was a file naming issue. File names need to be alphanumeric only with the suffix of .vwx

Make sure your file names don't include any characters other than numbers and letters. Spaces should be okay but anything else might be a problem. Especially bad are multiple full stops and forward and backward slashes.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to say I installed 2015 yesterday evening. Worked on it this morning with a previous 2014 file.

Sad to say I'm getting constant crashes, with very little drafting done. It seems to be to do with displaying the resource browser, when ever I unpin the drop down to display content. Its pretty consistently crashing.

I tried a few other files, it does not do it in all of them and its fine on a new file; however, it is not limited to only one file, and seems to crash on about half of the files tried so far. I'm guessing that something in the drawing, a symbol/hatch whatever is crashing it when the resource browser tries to display it?

When I can get it to display, the resource browser display is all over the place for hatches? (its on thumbnail mode)

I can't switch to 2015 or get colleges to switch until this is resolved. Sorry, back to 2014 for now.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Definitely something to do with the resource browser, and displaying content. I'm using 2 screens. But can't see it being related to this? Any one else experiencing stability issues with old files? (also a 2014 workspace with the new content added and re saved)

If you disconnect one of the screens, reboot the machine and relaunch 2015, do you get the same crashing when working with one of the files you saw it on before?

In any case, get in touch with support directly, they will need both one of the crashing files as well as the following: http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/627/DirectX+Diagnostics+and+System+Profiler

Grossartig !

VW 2015 Awesome work !

My first issue,

I can't switch back from full screen mode under OS X 10.7.5

(I am the one who uses spaces on OS X)

If you move your cursor to the top of the screen, the menu bar should pop back down, there should be a blue icon at the top right to disable fullscreen mode. Does that button not appear, or when you click that, fullscreen does not disable?

Hi,

I've just updated to VWA 2015 and am having problems with 'rotating-colour-wheel' lags. You'll see my spec below. I've turned off Automatic Graphics Switching.

Any ideas? I'm not using it on complex drawings but it lags perhaps every minute, for about 3 secs!

Thanks

Duncan

Even when not performing any actions, this delay pops up randomly? Or does it delay after a specific action?

That blue button appears but it doesn't change anymore when I click on it.

Same for the Window>Full Screen, I can toggle but no changes.

I managed to come back some how by activating (the other) Space with the

File, instead of the Space with the palettes, from the Spaces overview.

But now I can't resize the view Window and palettes.

Strange.

But if that happens on old 10.7.5 only and current OS X works fine,

I wouldn't invest much time in it.

I posted on a different 2015 forum about this but just wondering if anyone else was having a problem with unregistered clicks. It seems like about one out of three clicks don't compute for me. Super frustrating and makes it almost impossible to use. My mouse driver is up to date, but I know it could be a lot of other issues. Anyone know of anything to try to fix it? Thanks.

I posted on a different 2015 forum about this but just wondering if anyone else was having a problem with unregistered clicks. It seems like about one out of three clicks don't compute for me. Super frustrating and makes it almost impossible to use. My mouse driver is up to date, but I know it could be a lot of other issues. Anyone know of anything to try to fix it? Thanks.

Could you please post the details of your hardware and OS, or add them to your signature in a similar manner to mine?

Having the issues in any file or one in particular? Are you able to intentionally repeat the problem or does it seem random?

Hi,

I've just updated to VWA 2015 and am having problems with 'rotating-colour-wheel' lags. You'll see my spec below. I've turned off Automatic Graphics Switching.

Any ideas? I'm not using it on complex drawings but it lags perhaps every minute, for about 3 secs!

Thanks

Duncan

Even when not performing any actions, this delay pops up randomly? Or does it delay after a specific action?

Jim, it seems that the lag is when I am carrying out actions but these can be as small as clicking on an object. I've just tested it and it took about 15 clicks on a series of objects before a 2 second lag (with spinning disc).

Edited by DuncanG

Jim, it seems that the lag is when I am carrying out actions but these can be as small as clicking on an object.

Does it occur with no files open other than a new blank file, if you add a few rectangles and start rearranging them? Is the issue reduced with simpler files, or exactly the same as complex files?

Jim, it seems that the lag is when I am carrying out actions but these can be as small as clicking on an object.

Does it occur with no files open other than a new blank file, if you add a few rectangles and start rearranging them? Is the issue reduced with simpler files, or exactly the same as complex files?

I've just opened a blank file, with no other files open, and drew 28 rectangles before I got the lag.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting back. I've added my hardware and OS details to my signature.

The problem is somewhat random but very consistent. It seems to be worse when I'm not clicking on an edge or a vertex (i.e. in open fill or into empty space to deselect). I've tried it with a few rectangles in a blank file and with a complex model and the bug is fairly reliable.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting back. I've added my hardware and OS details to my signature.

The problem is somewhat random but very consistent. It seems to be worse when I'm not clicking on an edge or a vertex (i.e. in open fill or into empty space to deselect). I've tried it with a few rectangles in a blank file and with a complex model and the bug is fairly reliable.

Send the following:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/627/DirectX+Diagnostics+and+System+Profiler

from your machine to tech@vectorworks.net, please. We are tracking a few similar issues now.