Sign in to follow this  
minotto

Image Prop Shadows and eliminating the "collage effect"

I'm using the Custom Renderworks option to render a scene with an image prop of a car inside a large garage, but since the car doesn't have any shadows underneath, it appears like it's stuck on the scene as opposed to being in it.

Is there a way to control whether an image prop renders with shadows or not?

If you have VW Architect (or Designer) why not use one of the realistic Entourage Vehicles? There are some pretty decent cars, trucks, etc. there, all modeled so they cast an accurate shadow.

Depending on the angle, you can sometimes place either an entourage car or a generic 3D geometry block "behind" the image prop in the view you are rendering to give the ground shadow while keeping the same image prop.

Or you can just draw a polyline and attribute it w/ the right color and opacity. You can do that straight in VW or you can do that later in PS if you happen to export your rendered image out to Shop to manipulate it further.

how do I make realistic shadows with image prop trees?? Now I have shadows that are crosses orXs depending on the angle. Should I make a new hybrid symbol with a 3d element that will give better shadows? see pic

for tree shadows I sometimes eliminate the "auto rotate" option for the image prop, and I manually adjust it so that it is close to perpendicular to light source in order to get full shadows. I also sometimes add additional image props out of view (behind camera) in order to obtain shadows on the ground ahead... see attached

carpalmer

I cannot find the Auto rotate option, I tried editing Plant, and 2d and 3d symbol.

Never Mind I got it by moving the elevation of the light around. Thanks

Edited by steve s

doesn't seem to be auto rotate option on 2015

Oops found it.. thanks

Edited by steve s