Sign in to follow this  
Bas Vellekoop

first dutch teaser vw 2015?

Clever way to get around the NDA! By simply saying "What if", our Dutch friends are only speaking hypothetically, and are neither confirming nor denying what is in the latest release.

Funny! I guess we?re all familiar with the 50 shades of weirdness that usually accompanies VW releases.

------

So Bob, you signed a NDA and would like to confirm, or should I say "hypothetically" confirm, that you and co are both beta testers trying your "clever" ways to get around NDAs?

I've got a question for y'all (beta testers) that shouldn't breach your NDAs, is 2015 going to be a well-behaved and stable release?

Back on topic, and assuming the teaser is legit, "materials quickly can be assigned and that it can be directly used in an OpenBIM workflow", is attention grabbing.

Isn't perhaps MATERIALS :owith IFC classing and plugin malleability more the focus of the teaser, than the curtain wall tool itself??? Too optimistic?

Keep in mind that "materialen" in Dutch can mean both "materials" and "textures". Besides, you can already use your VW BIM in an OpenBIM IFC based workflow, it's being done with VW 2014. Although not many people realize that, so maybe that's what they are hinting at.

Edited by BaRa

Developers of Allplan 2015 made own(imho) real-time renderer(path-tracing closer), moved from c4d(i don't think that is IR renderer in c4d and somehow it was ported)

There is interesting, will VW moved to c4d r16 with new reflectance model of material, will be nice feature for engineers or metal designers, I remember Jim's chrome analysis :)

Or made something anything

I touch only vis and view-port interactive sides of VW

Edited by Ilay

I'm not going to say "done away with" as there are still things you could do that would hit your own machines max memory, but the out of memory errors where users were just smacking into Vectorworks 2014's much tighter limits should be a thing of the past shortly.

I'm sure there's someone out there with a file with 300,000,000 polys all individually textured that will still run out of memory when they try to duplicate them in a 10x10 array or something like that, but it shouldn't be happening under normal circumstances any longer in 2015.

All I can say is YES!!! YESSSSS!!! Thank You.

Now when you say you can answer some of our technical questions, is there anything else that you can give us some insight to or do we have to ask specifically.

I am extremely excited as I am operating VW2014 at its limits and its holding me back from what I want to do. This just feels like its going to open a huge door, so in order for me to start the thinking process of what to do hardware wise, I have a couple of technical questions:

I know when 64bit transitions happened in the past for other developers efficiency went down the drain (cough Adobe) . Have you noticed if in VW, the same tasks require more cpu or ram?

Also, have you experienced how well VW performs when working on larger files with millions of polygons. If you have enough ram, does it bog down or does it chug along as if you had a model with less than a million?

Thanks

will VW moved to c4d r16

As a result of a 'partnership' formed with Adobe last year, Maxon basically gives Cinema 4D Lite away for free with After Effects. We pay for Renderworks (C4D Lite?).

This year both Allplan and ArchiCAD have gained comprehensive CineRender integration, so it seems likely Renderworks will also receive a big bump in capability as well.

Edited by M5d