Program termination during print command

I have a problem with V10. When I attempt to print, all screens appear normal, e.g. Print Setup, Print drop-down menu, but when I attempt to print, the Vectorworks program closes. An error window reports unexpected program termination. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and downloaded the V10.0.1 upgrade, but still no help. Printer operates normally from any other app, including Vectorworks 8.5 which is still installed in its own directory.

This problem occurred after changing to a new computer.

Mike,

What exact printer are you using?

What OS are you using?

What version driver of that printer (if on a PC) are you using?

This will allow us to futher assist with a resolution to the problem.

Mike,

I posted notice of a problem with the 1220c and VW 9 some time ago. I can give you some further info: on my computer at home (Win2000), my 1220c (great printer!) is connected via a serial port. It works with VW 8.5, VW 9.5, and VW 10.0.

The same printer in our office (Win XP there) is connected via JetDirect (ethernet). It works only with VW 8.5, and attempting to print to it from VW 9.5 or VW 10.0 crashes the program. All versions of VW plot to our HP650 and an HP 4V, also connected through ethernet.

Any help from NNA as to how to go about correcting this problem would be greatly appreciated. In both cases, I am using drivers supplied with the Windows OS. On the Win2000 system, page test reports my driver version is 64.08 (HPW8KMD.DLL)

[ 01-06-2003, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]

Mike,

This was a known problem with that printer driver.

You should go to hp.com and download the latest version of the driver, version 2.1 released in Nov. It's the second download in the list.

Please make sure you follow the directions on removing the current printer driver before reinstalling the new one. If you don't clear out the old one, the new one may still cause the problems as the old information is still on your computer.

Not a problem.

There was something in the old printer that caused all sorts of problems. Before, user's had to go to the microsoft built in driver. HP fixed the error and released that new driver in Nov .. fixes alot of other problems as well.