How to Drape a Site Plan Image on top of a Site Model

Alex G.

Greetings Vectorworks Folks,

What is the best process to drape an image over a site model? (Similar to Sketchup)

I am using Landmark 2014 and have created a site model. I would like to drape a conceptual jpeg site plan on top of the model.

I have tried to convert to a texture bed and send to surface without any luck.

I am fairly new to vectorworks so thank you!

Thanks for your reply and example Steve.

Could you please explain in a bit more detail the process you used.

I was able to create a texture from a jpeg. From there did you use the 3D power pack drape tool or create a texture bed site modifier?

Thanks!

Neither,I textured the entire site model. Select the site model, go to the Obj Info Palette - Render Tab, choose you texture. Use the Attribute tool to move it a round on the site model. This will cover the entire site model. If you do just want to lay a bed over an area, you can use the texture bed, but it can be tricky getting the Texture to show,make sure the texture bed Class (Site DTM Modifier) has the texture settings you want and you have to update the site (model-select site model go to OI palette choose Update)- every time you change the tx bed or its texture.