VW 10 & Viewer Open At Same Time

I use a round about method to use our network EnCad Chroma 24 plotter. To my knowledge, there still isn't a Mac OS 10 driver for this plotter so I have VW viewer set to open in OS9 classic mode & plot from there.

The interesting problem is that in VW 9 I could have both applications open in the same multipage drawing and be printing one page while working on another. In VW 10, I receive a message stating that I can;t have the drawing open in both apps at once. I don't want to have 10 or more pages in separate files or creating a temp. duplicate. Is this a change from VW 9 to 10 or is it an OS change outside of VW?

You shouldn't be able to have the same file open by two applications at the same time.

That's an OS and VW rule.

Are you saying you have a single file that you could open in Classic using the Viewer to print and it open while in VW full version and work on the file?

Are you sure you weren't opening a copy or duplicate?

The only way I can think of this happening is if you had the file open in VW 10 and were working on it. Then exported the file to VW 9 and opened that file in the VW Viewer.

OR even work in VW 9 with the file and open the file in VW 10 Viewer and print from there.

[ 01-03-2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]