Temporary dimensions.

scheven_architect

Question

9 answers to this question

The first minute or so will give you the idea.

Anyone with any basic Revit knowledge will know that this works in walls, windows and doors.

P.S. if you've been waiting for the ability to work in dual windows simultaneously then better not watch the video ;)

I agree.

Check out an early thread of mine - in my first post I stated that I missed the temporary dimension feature. VW's set position feature doesn't go far enough to be really useful in comparison.

Also, a post from Ariel in the same thread is worth a read.

Starting Out with VW

What does in some small way make up for the temporary dimension feature is that VW convert shapes to objects makes changes quite quick. We do have associative dimensions which can lock onto walls and will move when the value is changed but is not as intuitive as Revit's temporary dimensions (and has a tendency to screw up wall joins)

Yes this would be quite nice to have provided it works with more general objects as well.

Another nice feature to have would be something similar to this which BricsCAD has. If you select two objects you get a pop-up dialogue box showing the distance between the objects and you change this by typing in the distance you want between the objects. The first selected object stays in place and the second selected object moves.