Marquee reshape fail on composed NURBS curves

Benson Shaw

Question

Can anyone confirm please:

1. Success - Draw a polyline with a handful of vertices, closed, open, doesn't matter. Dbl click to enter reshape. Marquee around several vertices and drag to move them. Normal behavior.

2. Success - Same poly as above. Convert to NURBS. Try the marquee move of several vertices. Works fine.

3. Success - Draw two open polys, coincident at one or both ends. Compose to form single poly. Reshape with marquee of several vertices. Works fine.

4. Fail - Select poly from #3, Convert to NURBS. Try the marquee reshape. Marquee does not display. Only single vertex can move with Reshape. Screen/Layer status of source polys does not affect.

I only tried this in v2014

-B

4 answers to this question

Benson, as you say No. 4 doesn't work. However for me No. 2 doesn't work either.

With 2 I can't get it to move the vertices

The only difference I can find between 2 and 4 is that with 2 you can draw the reshape marquee with 2 but you can't with 4. Also I can only draw the Reshape marquee immediately after I have done the Convert to Nurbs action. If I come back to that nurbs curve later I can't draw the marquee.

No matter what, it is an inconsistency that shouldn't exist because the Reshape tool should be able to work consistently on all objects.

All - It's the corner points that cause the fail. 3d poly (all corners) and NURBS curve with interior corner points will not respond to the marquee move. Composing two non tangent NURBS will create a corner vertex at the joint, hence the focus on composed objects.

Converting NURBS corner vertices with the Reshape in Change mode restores the marquee select functionality at the cost of changing the shape.

Anyway, it's bug submitted.

-B

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10967&filename=Reshape%20Tool%20Bug.png

Edited by Benson Shaw