Palette Woes (Windows)

I'm fighting with the palette docking feature only available in the Windows version of VectorWorks 10. I can't seem to be able to have two palettes docked above and below each other.

For example, I have a 2-columned palette docked correctly on the left side of the screen. There's plenty of room for another 2-column palette below it, but when I try to put one there, it always docks to the right of it. I can't move it below the other one.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a "modifier" key or something I need to hold when docking another palette?

On a related note, it kind of seems like the Windows tool buttons have extra space around them that the Mac tools don't. In other words, the same palette in VW for Windows 2000 takes up more room on-screen than VW for Mac OS X. Is it just because Windows is a clunkier operating system, or was VW engineered that way?

Dan

[ 12-23-2002, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: dkessler ]

I've experienced a similar problem. Oddly, after docking and re-docking, using different orders of insertion, I was once able to get all of my toolbars into two columns on the left. Don't know what magic made that happen.

You can minimize the problem by making your 2-column tool palettes into a single-column by using the mouse/resize cursor. Then, when side-by-side, they will occupy some of that unused space below.

NNA: this appears to be a bug of some kind.

WinXP

VW 10.0.1

P4 2.2G, 768MB RAM

[ 12-27-2002, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]

JNR,

Man, you're not kiddin'. Once docked on the right side of my screen, the attributes palette looks ridiculous! It's big enough to be read from 20 feet away.

I've had to resort to disabling palette docking, but that leads to other issues with the workspace.

What's the deal NNA? Aren't you going to respond to this issue? It's OK to admit that this is a problem, you know. [Wink]

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if this help but I have noticed stability problems with Nvidia Detonator drivers in VW 10 with a Quadro 4 750 xgl, maybe other cards as well.Revision 30.82 seems pretty stable but still has the docking problems.ATI Catalyst 3.0 has no docking problems at all(that I've noticed) With a Radeon 9700 Pro.Hope that helps.