Label Legend spacing issues...

Hi,

So I am trying to create a label legend for a mac aura. The issue is that the spacing that I am putting into the Layout editor is different than what is appearing in my drawing. Oddly, especially as I get closer to the fixture in the layout editor, each "nudge" of the label can move the label in the drawing a drastically uneven amount. IE: one nudge and the move is barely noticeable, the next nudge and the label moves a foot off. Not sure this makes sense or not.

I also tried setting up the labels the way that I wanted them in the drawing and then using the "Create Label Legend from Lighting Device..." option. But after doing this, several of my labels jump around to new locations on the drawing (though they look fine in the layout editor).

Any ideas on what is going on?

Spotlight 2014 on Macbook Pro...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There is probably some extra geometry in the symbol that you may not be seeing.

The label locations work based on the bounding box of the symbol. If for some reason the bounding box is larger then you are expecting the labels will change locations.

Also make sure your symbols are properly constructed with the 3D pointing down as if the instrument was hung and point at the floor.

The 2D should be pointing toward the top of the page.

Also make sure to properly assign the light info record to the symbol and the parts record to the 3D geometry.