Organization Dialogue Box Improvements

Andy Broomell

Question

In the Organization dialogue box, it would be nice if you could hover over certain properties of a class and it would show you more information. For example, I should be able to hover over the colored rectangle in the "Pen" column and it should tell me the name of the color being used. This would help quickly differentiate between black and 90% grey, for example. Hovering over the linetype would tell you the name of the linetype. If the "Fill" were set to an image it would say the name of the image resource when you hover over it. Etc...

Secondly, I can't seem to get the list of classes to sort by pen color or by linetype. Perhaps this is a bug, but I should be able to click the column header for linetype and classes using the same linetype would end up next to each other. Clicking the pen column would sort the classes so that those using the same pen color end up next to each other.

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hi AEB,

Love the hover over the class idea. Very useful for checking in the fly. Tool tips already do something similar, so should be possible.

On a slight tangent. Feel like this is an element that could be used in many areas across the app. What if the object info palette went down this path? Attributes palette? Could be a translucent grey hovering pull down menu. Or maybe there could a list of icon, and the necessary palettes pop out as a selected object is selected.

Even though many use large screens these days, many also are on laptops. Would be a great way to get some desktop real estate back.

Hi Jim,

That is where implementation needs direction by NV. I know that when some snap settings are left on (esp with sound on), the amount of high-lit objects (and noise) can be overwhelming. I think it needs be to understated yet obvious in any place it is used.

Yes, I see it more as a tool tip type pop-up. Given the right implementation, it could possibly completely replace the OIP. But if it was a tool tip pop-up, I suggest that it needs to be refreshed to a (black/dark grey?) transparent overlay instead of the current yellow.

Thanks.