Mac OS 10.2.3

We've been testing with the beta version of 10.2.3 and are not aware of any critical issues with this version and VW. Of course, there is a limited ammount of information available about this version of the OS at this point as it was just made live. As with all OS updates, it may be a good idea to give it a few days and see what sort of things crop up not only with our software, but other software as well -- especially if you are in the middle of an important deadline.

So to answer your question, there are not any known major issues with this version of Jaguar and yes we've tested it.

[ 12-23-2002, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]

I upgraded to 10.2.3. I have VW9.5.3 final. Using a 500mhz G4 with 16mb ATI video card.

I have the following issues:

With preferences set to no fill behind text, you still get fill behind text.

When using polyline 2D reshape tool, and drag a box to grab several points, the box will remain even after selecting eslewhere. You have to select a new object to get it deselected.

I just checked and on the VW 10.0.0 evaluation copy I have the same thing occuring.

Also, and this is likely not a 10.2.3 issue, when creating polyline from truetype the polyline is a very poor duplication of the font.

[ 12-23-2002, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: kmead ]

The fill behind text is a VW 10 thing if you are using something like ARCh or another dimenion that has the text offset to 0".

This was an intended design change to match the technical definition of those fonts. Unfortunately, it caused more problems than fixes, so for VW 10.0.1, they changed it back to not show the fill behind text.

As for the other stuff ... please let us know about those problems if they cropped up after updating to OS 10.2.3 in VW 9.

Katie:

This is new behavior. I will check it on my home machine later today which is a MDD 867 machine. I will also check on several of the other work machines I have as several people are on vacation.

This occurs with text and dimensions as well.

Thanks for the quick response.

[ 12-23-2002, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: kmead ]