Default text style for plant tags

I'm sure there is a way of setting a default text style for the plant tags. Currently when I place a plant (which is on the plant list) I have to go in and change the text with a style I like for each plant or plant group. Is there a way to make the style I prefer default?

Thanks

The attached image shows a highlighted plant tag (current default) versus the other tags which has the text style I prefer.

Edited by J. Wallace

Two ways of doing it:

(a) Set the default text to the font, style and size you want before placing the Plant objects.

(b) Create a Text Style and drag and drop that onto the Plant objects. Or select the Plant Objects and then apply it by double clicking on the Text Style you want to use in the Resource Browser.

Hi Mike

Thanks very much for the response.

I have tried your first suggestion but it does not seem to work with plant symbols.

I have and continue to use the second suggestion so thank you.

One thing that is puzzling me is the plant tag behavior after grouping two or more plants or groups of plants into one group. This images attached show two groups of plants, both showing the text style I want. Once grouped the style and font size changes. As well I get polygon displayed in dashed lines. Don't want it, never have used this and yet it seems to be a default as the re-occurring font and text size for the plant tags...

It just seems to me that there is a setting I don't see.

Edited by J. Wallace

Setting the default text via the Text menu works for me so I'm not sure why it doesn't for you. Your second problem seems to indicate that you haven't set the default text correctly.

Are you placing the Plants using the Plant tool or just drag and dropping them from the Resource Browser?

I don't know why the polygon is showing when you change the Plant Grouping. I've tried it with Plants that have the Polygon Display option se to None and I'm getting the same behaviour as you. Perhaps you should Bug Submit (link at top RH corner of this web page).

Edited by mike m oz