Worksheet Sub sums?

Hi team,

I currently have a worksheet that counts up totals of plant symbols placed on different classes. This worksheet is used to get quotes from nurseries (Columns A and D).

I would like to have this 'worksheet/or a copy of' show me how many of each plant are on what class and the total at the end.

Column A Column B Column C Column D

type shady border sunny border total

Acer 2 3 5

Sedum 0 10 10

Sunflower 2 2 4

So when I get to site and have to share the plants between borders I can say "2 of the acers go over to the Shady border" and "3 acers go over to the sunny border".

Can anyone help with what I should put in the columns headers in the worksheet to make this happen?

Many many thanks in advance.

Edited by C10916

Click on "Switch to Full Reply Screen" at the bottom of this page. There will be a File Manager link to upload vw files, images, or text files.

If you can copy and paste a few plants and a worksheet to a blank document, that would be helpful. I always get overwhelmed by the latin names.

mk

Hi Mike, here ya go.

My classes I used are as per (Plant classes snapshot.jpg)

My worksheet (Plant worksheet snapshot.jpg) shows all the plants from all the classes. I managed to work that one out.

Now what I want to do is show the breakdown of what plants in QUANTITY are in each class, which would equate to what plants are destined for what border.

Does that make sense?

So, looking forward to what you suggest... :o)

A little bit. But I'm up to my eyeballs in alligators at the moment. It would help if you could send a drawing with just a few plants and the worksheets in question. I might be able to find time to create an example worksheet this week, but probably not create the objects & data.