Mysterious thick line in window symbol

DZens

There is a mysterious Thick line on window symbols on the frame of the window right next to sash.

What the hell is this line? Have gone through all the settings with no luck. Why do the jambs not match.

This is VW 10 Architect. I have tried both the window tool and using objects from the Resources such as Marvin Window symbols. Anderson symbol dosen't have it. Have these symbols been updated or fixed?

Turn off plan detail in the 2d view section of the OIP with the window selected.

That thick line is representing the polygon for the actual pane of glass for the window plus the two lines representing the sashes.

Katie,

I am sorry I can't post a picture but it is not that line you speak of . It is a segment of the frame of the window it remains thick after you turn off "Use Wall Line Weight" and even change all the line weights to 1 there is just that one segment that stays the same thickness of the Wall class. If I change the wall class thickness to another thickness it does not change until I turn "Use Wall Line Weight" on and then turn it off again. Just to reiterate it only happens on one side of the window. The other frame behaves properly. If you turn off plan detail it still happens. This is not a visual preference issue it is a BUG.

PS You never called me back about the Disappearing Files on the Mac OS X system. I have update for you on that but don't have your number. Haven't solved the problem though. So call me.

this might be way off track, but try this:

Set "show lineweight" to on

Pull the symbol/pio out of the wall

If there is an "unhealed" wall join visible, heal it

Reinsert the symbol as it was

Voila!

This just worked twice in a row for me, with a mysterious thick line appearing in a door PIO and a window symbol. Both times there was an "unhealed" wall join. Sounds like a bug of sorts

David,

The number I wrote down for you was not a good number.

Our number is in the VW User's Guide as well as on this website, or you can email to tech@nemetschek.net. You could have also called your sales rep to get the tech support number.

As for the problem you are having with the window, I cannot duplicate it. Can you please send a file into us for us to evaluate?

The problem we discussed before Thanksgiving about the files "disappearing", it has to be a permissions thing. I've tried to duplicate the problem here and inquiries with others about the problem.

If you can send in information about the type / OS version of Server and server software you are using as well as the OS of the clients to tech@nemetschek.net attn: katie in the subject line .. I'll look into the problem further.