Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

refresh popup list after generation, vsoWidgetPopupAdd

Pi_

Hi,

I have a problem with reading data from a popup list I just populated.

there are 2 popup lists:

the first (list01):

HEA

HEB

IPE

UPN

when you make a choice a second list is populated (list02):

HEA100

HEA120

HEA140

or

IPE100

IPE120

this works fine, list02 gets populated (vsoWidgetPopupAdd in the '41' event) but when I want to read list02 standard value it is NIL.

example: you change list01 to HEB, list02 is populated and the first item (HEB100) is visible in the object panel, but I can't read this value. Only when I change list02 (ex. HEB200) I can read back this value.

I tried reseting the PIO in the '41' event or before reading the value (in the '3' event) but this doesn't work. I also tried setting list02 to this value (vs.vsoWidgetPopupSet and vs.SetRField) without succes

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

When you fill a list you don't select anything. It does appear like that because the oip/ dialog shows the first result.

You can

A) Force selected the first/any other item when filling it.

B) Code your result this way that if index = (0 or -1 don't really know what it returns in this case ) it should take the first item.

When I work with lists I make sure I have the array of the list choices. Declare an integer 0 and get the selected index. Selected or not, it will atleast return the first index being 0.

Edited by hippothamus