Why can't I edit multiple similar objects?

I've been using Vectorworks since it was MiniCad 3.0 and all along (until the last version I used, which was 2009) I had been able to select multiple similar objects and edit them - or select multiple various types of objects and scale them simultaneously.

As of 3 months ago, I was switched to VW2014 and it's driving me totally insane that I can no longer make these multiple edits. I'll include some examples:

#1: In the drawing, I have 27 parallel grid lines that need to be extended "manually" some distance, to now reach to the relocated grid line bubbles. Before, I would select all the lines, and drag by any random endpoint of any of these lines - holding SHIFT pressed - to extend the lines to where needed. But under VW2014, the moment more than 1 item is selected, the selection endpoints and midpoints disappear and therefore cannot be edited together.

#2: I have a number of squares and circles, and some random lines drawn, and I want to select-all and scale them up (or down) symmetrically by a certain stretch. Same as before: if I select more than 1 element at a time, stretching or scaling by endpoints is impossible.

#3: I have a number of drawn elements and some text, and I want them all rotated to a random other point on the drawing. Impossible to do unless I group the entire thing first - and even then, sometimes it won't let me do it.

.. is there a setting somewhere, that I need to set?

.. am I doing something wrong, and just don't get it..?

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That sounds like the "Unrestricted Interactive Scaling Mode" of the Selection Tool is not active. It should be the third one in the tool bar with the selection tool active.

If you are in one of the first two modes, it wont allow rescaling of multiple objects in a selection via the reshape handles.

That sounds like the "Unrestricted Interactive Scaling Mode" of the Selection Tool is not active. It should be the third one in the tool bar with the selection tool active.

If you are in one of the first two modes, it wont allow rescaling of multiple objects in a selection via the reshape handles.

Oh, sweet Jesus!! Thanks so much for this - I looked through every menu and through [most of] the manual with no luck until now. Thanks a million, you solved 3 months of headaches and a month of aggravation!!