Dimension Line Style

Hi guys,

First off apologies if this in the wrong section, let me know if it should go somewhere else.

Is it possible to change the line style of dimensions?

As far as I can tell you can only use continuous, but if possible I would like to change it to something like a long dash dotted line.

This came up from by current boss, who told me that the standard used to be to use a long dash dotted (for hand drawings) and he would like to be able to use this style when drafting using vectorworks.

Yes, two methods: 1) Select the Dimension Object then, in the Attributes Palette, change the Pen Style from Solid to Line Type. Then use the pulldown to select the particular Dashed Line you want. 2) [preferred method]: Open the Class Set Up Dialog, double click the Class named Dimension, Check the box "Use at Creation", change the Pen Style to Line Type and choose which Dashed Line you want. Upon Exiting the dialog you will be asked if you want to apply these changes to already created objects in this Class. Say yes. Now all Dimensions (as long as they are in the Dimension Class) will exhibit the chosen style.

• 9 years later...
On 7/4/2014 at 2:04 PM, mgreen1 said:

Thanks! Do you know is there a way of altering just the lines that lead to the object, and keeping the line with the text solid?

Thanks for your help!

I know this thread is old however I need the answer to this question please, thank you.