VW 10 quits opening large file

Jon

Do you have any other applications running?

Do you have classic mode launched and running?

What version of OS 10 do you have?

How much memory do you have?

Have you tried to restart the computer and then open the file?

So, do you have classic running or not?

You shouldn't have VW running in classic. If nothing in classic is running, close classic mode.

Try to open the file then.

If it still fails, send the file to me at tech@nemetschek.net attn:Katie (in the subject line) and I'll take a look at the file.

Hello Katie:

I do not have classic running (hardly ever do) nor any other programs and have tried to open the file many times with no success. I would send you the file but it is huge (113 MB). Can you receive files of this size? We normally don't have files this big but the photoshop image had detail we needed to trace creating the great file size. Besides the image, the file is pretty basic.

Any other suggestions?

Dear Jon (I know, it's cheesy), I was most interested in your problem. I gave it a bit of thought and here's what I would try: if you can go back to the last (or next earlier) file that opened, or if you keep sequential backups, you might try re-constructing the file in a slightly different way, possibly importing the image file as a smaller or compressed version. Just a thought, good luck! Peter

Katie - Thank you for your response. I look forward to a future update that will fix the problem.

Peter - That was a good idea and I would have done that but I had already overwritten the backup file with this one because it was working fine the day I imported the photoshop image. It appears that once you quit vectorworks for the day or session, then the bug occurs. I'll just have to remember to delete the image before I save an quit next time.