Interactive Zoom

I'm using a wheel mouse which allows me to zoom in and out using the wheel while holding the option key in any tool. The VW 10 User's Guide tells me that "the option key is not required when interactively zooming while using the pan tool". I've tried this but using the wheel in the pan tool just scrolls as usual, and I do need to hold the option key to zoom.

This isn't the end of the world but it would be nice little feature. Am I misunderstanding the user's guide or should this work? Anyone else noticed this?

VW 10.0.1

OSX 10.2.2

Logitech USB Wheel Mouse

The Pan Tool is used for moving the drawing around. Holding down the shift key and scroll, will move it left to right and just the scroll will go up and down. The Pan tool moves the drawing around by mouse movement.

Interactive Scaling is available as a mode under the Zoom in and Zoom out tools. If you select the zoom in tool, you will see two modes in the mode bar. The first is the normal way -- either by marquee or double click on the tool.

The second is the interactive method. Basically you select this mode and move the mouse around. The result is an interactive way of zooming in or out depending on the tool selected.

Yes, I understand that thank you, but I'm refering to zooming in and out with the wheel on a wheel mouse while holding the OPTION key. There's a little hint under the Interactive Zoom Mode section of the User's Guide that implies that while using the PAN tool one does not need to hold the OPTION key in order to zoom with the wheel, which in effect would allow one handed panning and zooming with the mouse alone. I've noticed you can do this with AC (on the few times I've used it). I don't want you to think I'm too lazy to reach all the way over to the OPTION key to acheive the same result, I just thought it was a fun idea. But I guess that is not the implication of the User's Guide after all.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Our mistake. You are reading the user guide correctly; we had to pull that feature late in the VW10 cycle for technical reasons, and we never updated the documentation.

We think it's a fun idea also. I'm optimistic that we'll be able to include it in a future release.

Sorry for the confusion.

Mark Farnan

Core Technologies and Imaging Manager

Nemetschek NA