Linear LEDs

Does anyone have a good way to get VW to accurately render linear LED fixtures? I'm talking about Colorblazes or better still, the ALQ Bar from Acclaim

http://www.acclaimlighting.com/products/product-detail/product/alq-bar.html

I know that I can make a linear light object out of a line but that's not accurate. When I import an IES file into a custom light, it behaves more like a spotlight than what I am after.

Thanks

• 2 years later...

This doesn't seem to have be addressed ever since the post... I'd also like to see that happen, how hard can it be to add this to the program ? The fact that I have to go in photoshop to create approximate effect to create render texture just so I can have a render with what the light is supposed to be doing is frustrating and time wasting.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
12 minutes ago, F. Meilleur said:

This doesn't seem to have be addressed ever since the post... I'd also like to see that happen, how hard can it be to add this to the program ? The fact that I have to go in photoshop to create approximate effect to create render texture just so I can have a render with what the light is supposed to be doing is frustrating and time wasting.

Make sure to add your support by voting on it in the wishlist, the voting widget is at the top left of each wishlist thread:

• Like 1