Importing dwgs

Good morning all,

I'm trying to import some AutoCAD drawings from dwg to VW 2013. I've never been able to import .dwgs so that the line weight/colour issue was resolved properly but they're usually consultant's drawings and not for presentation so it wasn't an issue until now.

My colleague has gone out of his way to make it simple from his end - in the end he gave me the line weights the colours should be. There doesn't seem to be an option in the import dwg dialogue box for this though, and I can't find it elsewhere either.

So I am manually going through each class and updating the colour to black with the correct line weight. (When I tried converting to black only it also converted colours that are supposed to be in colour). This is very time consuming and has to be done for every drawing. Is there an easier way?

Definitely and easier way! I do this all the time, but I am the consultant and so try to fit the Architects form.

You want a CBT file from your source. Since 2000 or so AC has been able to just put the info directly into the file, but many don't do that. When a CBT file is in the same directory as the DWG, AND you select the option to "map line weights" it will all come together.

I've attached a sample file for you to play with.