VWA 10: Crop image bit-maps?

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

Carl,

This means when you export an image file, you have the option to marquee select the section of the drawing you wish to export.

Thanks, Katie. If you could determine a marquee with snaps, this would give a precise way to crop and join images, even if you had to export first. But as far as I can tell on a quick try, there's no way to snap to a point when making a marquee.

What I'm interested in is being able to scan images bigger than my little scanner bed, and reassemble them in the computer. Any recommended program for this?

Thanks,

Carl

Carl,

An alternative would be to place locus points at the two diagonal corners where you would like the marquee to be. When you marquee select the section you want to export, you can just mouse the scope over the locus point so the locus is situated inside the scope, then move it to the other locus point.

quote:

Originally posted by Katie:

Carl,

An alternative would be to place locus points at the two diagonal corners where you would like the marquee to be. When you marquee select the section you want to export, you can just mouse the scope over the locus point so the locus is situated inside the scope, then move it to the other locus point.

My thought too. But I tried this, and some other ways to make an accurate marquee. They don't work for me. If the cursor snaps to a locus, it selects it, rather than making a marquee. If the locus is locked, the snap occurs, but no marquee.

This idea, you might say "tiling" a (large) image with a (small/letter size) scanner and computer..do people use photoshop, illustrator, or some simpler programs? Matching edges of image tiles could be quite automated and complex, or manual and simple.

Thanks again,

Carl

quote:

Originally posted by krw:

why aren't you using photoshop to assemble multiple images into one image, then import into vw if you need to use it in vw.

krw: Thanks. Well, that's sort of what I was trying to determine...could VW10 now handle this job, or is photoshop or some other program necessary. I'll look further into photoshop.

- Carl