How to make brick veneer opening bigger than door jamb

In using a standard 2x4-Brick Veneer wall tool & adding a door with the door tool in the Building Shell tool set I am not able to make the brick veneer opening larger than the doors' opening size to be able to add a brick mold. Which I'm not sure if I can change the exterior trim on the door with in the door settings. It looks like I only have control of the size of a rectangle shape trim. Also I can only flare the edge of the brick, which I have never done in architecture.

Any suggestions of adding a brick mold, which is the proper way of a door in a brick veneer construction.

Thanks

I figured it out, after inserting a door, do not select any exterior trim, then in plan draw a rectangle of the door with with in the brick space, then make it wider to the size of the brick mold, then extrude it up to the top of door & then in front view increase the height the width of the brick mold, then use wall recess to subtract the brick and air space only. Then you can add any molding or trim with the extrude along path, done, a door in a 4" stud wall & brick veneer with proper brick mold on the exterior side.

It take a little while but can be done!

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Jerry, Yes it can and thank you for your explanation of just how to do it!...I've attached a rendered view of what I believe should be possible...

I'd like to get with the engineers here on the home front and propose a bit of automation, like maybe the door could automatically cut back the brick veneer if there were a check box to "include brickmold" or something like that - wouldn't that be cool...

I'll run it up the flagpole...

Wes

Wes, maybe something in the dialogue settings similar to the splay options? Where you could set how far back the door would cut back each layer of the wall.

It would also be nice to be able to set a custom profile for the door trim options.

Thanks Wes, that would be great, there needs to be a way to add a brick mold or other & a way to replace the rectangle shape interior &/or exterior trim. Also I would love to have a way to edit the door solid panel shape. The square edge recess panel is not very common. Then only way I can make the door panels correct is to make the door symbol a group & un-group to the door then edit it, but then its not a symbol in a wall anymore.

Thanks,

Jerry Hall