Move By Points Tool and Rotate Tool

In a top plan view if I use the Move By Points Tool and whilst it is still active use keyboard short cut Alt = to use the Rotate Tool the Move By Points Tool does not disengage allowing the Rotate Tool to become Active

If doing the same and I use keyboard shortcut say 1 for Text, Text does become active

If I have selected an object and use the Rotate Tool ? Alt = and then use Ctrl M to activate the Move By Points tool it deactivates the Rotate Tool

Therefore shouldn?t the Rotate Tool shortcut deactivate the Move by Points Tool as the opposite works?

Or am I nuts or is it Windowz or is there another reason?

If I draw a rectangle select it Shift+M move the rectangle then say 9 I can draw a wall straight away but doing same thing ....

draw a rectangle select it Shift+M move the rectangle then say Alt+= the little round protractor thingy is there for a moment but disappears straight away and the Rotate Tool does not engage

If I select the Tool directly from the Basic Tool Palette it does

The Alt key in the move by points tool allows you to select a different object and then snap back to move by points. It's one of those quirky Vectorworks things. I'm not sure if it is an actual bug or what (Maybe JimW can shed some light on that area). One way to solve this would be to change the short cut for the rotate command to something that doesn't involve the alt key.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I see it now.

This is happening because this tool takes input from the Alt key directly, so it is not possible to use an Alt+(anything) shortcut while the Move by Points tool is active. You could simply click the tool in the basic palette, but a keyboard shortcut that includes Alt as its first key press wont let you change to another tool.

I don't see a way of resolving it though, other than by changing the keyboard shortcut to one that does not include the use of the Alt key. I will submit it however just in case.